9.3 Reporting Messages
When macros statically diagnose abnormal situations, benign or fatal,
they should report them using these macros. For dynamic issues, i.e.,
configure is run, see 7.4 Printing Messages.
- Macro: AC_DIAGNOSE (category, message)
Report message as a warning (or as an error if requested by the
user) if it falls into the category. You are encouraged to use
standard categories, which currently include:
- messages that don't fall into one of the following category. Use of an
empty category is equivalent.
- related to cross compilation issues.
- use of an obsolete construct.
- dubious syntactic constructs, incorrectly ordered macro calls.
- Macro: AC_WARNING (message)
Equivalent to `AC_DIAGNOSE([syntax], message)', but you are
strongly encouraged to use a finer grained category.
- Macro: AC_FATAL (message)
Report a severe error message, and have
When the user runs `autoconf -W error', warnings from
AC_WARNING are reported as error, see
autoconf to Create
This document was generated
by Charlie & on October, 19 2001